The world’s first plasma generator for skin sublimation.
Plexr is a non-surgical treatment that delivers outstanding results which you would normally only expect after surgery. Using a plasma beam excess skin is sublimated without damage to the underlying structures.
How does the treatment work?
Plexr causes sublimation which is the process of turning a solid straight into a gas. Hence, no heat is transferred to surrounding tissues to damage normal skin. Plexr uses plasma so there is no electric current. Treatment results in tissue retraction and tightening which is instantly visible.
What areas can be treated?
Plexr removes excess skin, skin lesions and reduces lines and wrinkles by tissue sublimation. There is no cutting involved. It can be used for:
- Non-surgical blepharoplasty
- Brow lift
- Scarring including stretch marks, acne scars and post-surgical scars
- Pigmentation and sun spots
- Skin lesions such as fibromas, warts, papillomas and xanthelasma
- Tattoo removal
Is it safe and does it hurt?
30 minutes before a non-surgical blepharoplasty, we apply local anaesthetic cream to minimise any discomfort. In other areas,we may use local anaesthetic cream or an injection to provide numbness. The treatment may warm and there may be a tingling sensation afterwards.
Plexr plasma technology has been used worldwide for several years.
Are there any side-effects?
Tiny black spots appear after a Plexr treatment. Swelling and redness is also common and often lasts several days. It can be quite significant around the eyes. There may also be a tingling or burning sensation.
A scab or crust will form. It is important to keep this clean, dry and protected. If the area becomes red, hot and tender or if there is pus present, please contact the clinic as this may indicate an infection.
Scarring may occur following treatment.
What can I expect after treatment?
Tiny black spots appear where Dr Tailor fires individual shots or there may be a larger burn where an area has been ‘sprayed’ with plasma. The black spots flake off over the following days (up to 2 weeks) and burns will heal within a similar period. It is worse the following morning and often lasts for several days. Allow the spots or scabs to fall off naturally otherwise there is an increased risk of infection or scarring.
Swelling is very common especially around the eyes. The swelling may interfere with vision initially.
There maybe also be a burning sensation immediately after treatment. This usually settles 24 to 48 hours after treatment.
What is the aftercare advice?
- Immediately after treatment, there may be a burning sensation. This usually settles within 24 to 48 hours but if it persists for a longer period, then you can take an anti-inflammatory medication such as ibuprophen.
- Following treatment, it is normal to have some swelling, especially around the eyes and can last for several days. It may lead to interference with vision in the initial period. To reduce the swelling, apply cold compresses. If the swelling is more severe, an anti-inflammatory medication and/or anti-histamine will help alleviate the swelling.
- Crusting will usually develop over the treated area. This is black on the surface of the skin and will flake off over the following days. It may take over 2 weeks to completely disappear. Picking the crust may lead to infection or scarring.
- After treatment, keep the treated area clean and dry. Use a broad-spectrum sunscreen. You can apply mineral make-up. Avoid exposing the area to extremes of heat or cold until it has healed.
- If the treated area becomes hot, red or if there is any pus present, please contact the clinic as this may suggest an infection.
- It is essential to keep the treatment area clean, dry and protected with a broad-spectrum sunscreen. Do not use alcohol based cleansers.
- Do not apply a plaster or an occlusive dressing over the area.
- Please contact the clinic if you have any concerns.
How many treatments will I need?
You might need more than one treatment for optimum results. There should be at least six weeks before having another Plexr treatment in the same area.
When will I see the final results?
Skin folds and creases appear immediately better. The treated area will also continue to improve for up to 3 months after the PlexR treatment.
The final result depends upon the general condition of the skin, severity of skin laxity, size of the lesion, any pre-existing skin or medical problems and the desired result.
As the treated skin is sublimated, the results often last years or permanently.