Femilift results: What you can expect after treatment
The results from a Femilift procedure vary from patient to patient, and will depend on why you’re having the procedure done.
Common results from vagina laser treatment include:
- A tighter vagina which can mean enhanced sensation during sex
- More natural lubrication
- Enhanced bladder control
For many women the results of Femilift treatment can be life changing. Bianca, one of our patients at Health & Aesthetics, said that the results of the treatment mean her life-long debilitating urinary incontinence problem has been 85-90% cured.
An unexpected side effect of Femilift treatment for many women is increased self-confidence and sex appeal that comes from spending time looking after this very personal area of the body. For others, finding a solution to an embarrassing problem and simply no longer having to wear incontinence pads or worry about leaking urine can have a massive effect on a woman’s self-esteem and confidence.
Are the results of laser vagina tightening permanent?
The results of laser vagina tightening are long lasting, but they are not permanent, as you’ll require regular treatment top ups every one to two years to maintain the results.
Some women notice an improvement in their symptoms after the first treatment, but it may take a full course of treatment to experience the best results.
You can view before and after results of the procedure here.
Femilift reviews: What the media and patients say about Femilift
As laser vaginal tightening is a relatively new technique, it has been tried and tested by numerous journalists in mainstream media, all of which have given the treatment positive reviews.
- Writing for Elle Magazine, Kristen Noel Crawley, fashion designer and entrepreneur, described a 50-60% increase in tightness in her vagina and an increased sensation during sex after having the treatment.
- Journalist Lisa Fogarty tried the treatment and wrote about her experience in Redbook magazine online, noting a reduction in her need to urinate when exercising and an increase in sexual pleasure. She found that the treatment made her feel more amorous as she’d taken time out to treat herself to a procedure designed to enhance her sexual pleasure.
- Writing anonymously in Woman’s Day magazine, one journalist tried Femilift to help tackle her incontinence and found she noticed a difference and could now run for miles without any leaks, which she hadn’t been able to do previously.
- Vaginal laser tightening has been featured on This Morning, where model Danielle Lloyd said the procedure changed her life as a treatment for incontinence.
- Femilift treatment was featured on The Younger Games, a Harper’s Bazaar series where actress Kelly Deadmon tries out the latest beauty treatments. She described what happens when she went to the clinic as “(walking) in here with a 48-year-old vagina, and I’m walking out of here with a 25-year-old vagina!”
A 2018 report published by RealSelf, the leading online source for people considering cosmetic treatments, stated that 94% of women who have had Femilift treatment rated it as ‘worth it’ on the website.
Many of our own patients have experienced life changing results as a result of Femilift treatment for incontinence in particular. You can read the reviews at the bottom of the Femilift page, or watch a video testimonial below.
Another patient, who opted to remain anonymous, had the treatment for incontinence, which she says is 85% cured and noticed improvements in her sex life were a welcome benefit too:
“Another surprising benefit of this treatment is my sex life, things are noticeably better, not only because I don’t leak urine every time I have sex, but there has been an improvement in the tightening of muscles in the area generally. This has led to a more intimate and enjoyable sex life.”
Does laser vaginal tightening work?
For many women, laser vaginal tightening improves their symptoms, however, the extent of the results you experience depends on two factors:
Why do results depend on how many treatments I have?
To gain the best results, you will need to have two to three treatments, spaced four to six weeks apart and then a further treatment every one and a half to two years to maintain the results. The treatments are spaced apart to allow time for the collagen, elastin and new tissue to develop, which strengthens the vagina walls and therefore improves symptoms.
If you have fewer treatments then you may find that the problem you’re treating will come back, whereas having the full course of treatment, with regular top ups, should keep issues at bay for several years.
Your practitioner is likely to recommend regular kegel exercises to help prolong the effects of having a course of Femilift.
It’s important to note that every patient is different and the amount and frequency of your treatments will depend on your individual circumstances.
Why do the results depend on the severity of the problem I want to treat?
Femilift can help with the following conditions, but if your symptoms are moderate to severe then Femilift might not be the best choice of treatment:
- vaginal dryness
- stress urinary incontinence
- vaginal atrophy (where the vagina feels stiff and inflexible)
- painful sex
- vaginal laxity (where the vagina feels loose)
A good practitioner will give you a full pelvic examination and take your medical history before recommending the best choice of treatment. This may mean that they don’t recommend Femilift if they believe it won’t help your symptoms.
Common issues that may not be treatable with Femilift and may require alternative treatment, such as surgery, include:
- severe urinary incontinence
- moderate to severe vaginal prolapse
- moderate to severe vaginal laxity
If you have Femilift laser vaginal tightening for symptoms such as the above, then it’s unlikely to work to any great extent and you could be disappointed with the results.
Speak to your practitioner in detail about your symptoms and, if you’re experiencing symptoms that can’t be helped with vaginal laser tightening then discuss your options with your GP or speak to a gynaecologist.
Evidence from clinical studies on the effectiveness of laser vaginal tightening
There have been a number of scientific studies into the effectiveness of laser vaginal tightening treatment, such as Femilift.
In 2018 a study by the International Continence Society looked into the effect of Femilift on women with stress urinary incontinence. The study found that 81.8% of women reported improvement at their three month follow-up appointment, after having three session of Femilift treatment.
A study by an expert in medical lasers Dr Cesar Arroyo Romo, which looked into vaginal atrophy in perimenopausal women found that after three treatments:
- 82% of participants showed a statistically significant improvement in vaginal health index
- 81% of participants reported improvements in sexual gratification
- 94% of participants reported improvements in vaginal rejuvenation
- 100% of participants were satisfied with the treatment
A 2017 study found that laser therapy was an “effective and easy-to-perform treatment modality for menopause-related vaginal atrophy and stress urinary incontinence”. 90% of the patients that took part in the study said they experienced a significant improvement in their quality of life.
In 2018, Julene B Samuels, MD, Plastic Surgeon and Martin A Garcia, MD, Obstetrician Gynecologist, looked into the effectiveness of lasers for symptoms of vulvovaginal atrophy in postmenopausal women. The results showed that symptoms of dryness, itching and pain during intercourse improved significantly, and that the thickness of the vaginal tissue had increased. Follow the link to read more about the study and before and after images.
A study of 28 post-menopausal women with symptoms of vaginal atrophy by gynaecologist Scott Evan Eder MD, found that “almost all VVA symptoms were significantly improved at one month following the first treatment”.
In an article published in the International Journal of Women’s Dermatology, MDs Cheryl Karcher and Neil Sadick write, “In the hands of well-trained physicians, energy-based devices are likely to benefit millions of women by aiding them in reclaiming, relishing, and reveling in their femininity at full capacity.”
To find out more about FemiLift vaginal tightening laser treatment, click here to return to our FemiLift advice centre.