With so many cosmetic procedures readily available to women these days, it’s understandable that you will have lots of questions that need answering before making any final decisions. This is often the case when it comes to FemiLift Vaginal Rejuvenation – the innovative new treatment that uses lasers to rejuvenate the vaginal tissue.
Below we have put together a guide to some of the most frequently asked questions surrounding this procedure.
What is a FemiLift?
FemiLift is an innovative, pain-free, and non-surgical procedure in which a laser is used to stimulate collagen growth in the vaginal tissues. This will improve the vaginal tone, leading to the improvement of stress urinary incontinence, vaginal soreness, and dryness.
What is Stress Urinary Incontinence?
Stress urinary incontinence is an involuntary condition where urine leaks when your bladder is under pressure, such as when you cough or laugh. There are several causes of stress urinary incontinence, including:
- Damage during childbirth
- Increased pressure on your stomach caused by pregnancy or weight
- Certain medications, such as blood pressure-lowering drugs, antidepressants, and sedatives
Is it Safe?
FemiLift is a very safe, FDA approved, treatment. The CO2 lasers have been used for the past 30 years, proving to be safe and effective for several applications, such as Gynaecology. To ensure optimum safety and results, it is mandatory that only a trained doctor uses the equipment.
How Long After Birth Can I Undergo a FemiLift?
If you are worried about the effects childbirth may have on your vaginal wall, a FemiLift may provide you with the painless solution you are looking for. After giving birth, it is recommended to wait at least three months to ensure that any scars from tears or episiotomy have had the chance to heal and that the vaginal tone has had time to recover naturally.
What are the Advantages of a FemiLift Treatment?
Some of the advantages include:
- A pain-free procedure that requires no anaesthetic
- An effective treatment – this advanced laser vaginal resurfacing treatment helps tighten the vaginal tissues without harming the surrounding areas. It has been developed by experts through years of research and study
- Fast results – the treatment takes less than 30 minutes, with patients noticing vaginal tightness and a reduction in leakage after the very first treatment
- No downtime or side effects
How Many Treatments Do I Need?
Most patients will see effects which last up to six months following their first treatment. However, we recommend that patients have a course of three treatments every four to six weeks. This has proven to produce longer lasting results of around 18 months to 2 years.
After the FemiLift procedure, it is recommended to avoid sexual intercourse and tampons for five days to allow healing to take place.
How Much is it?
At Health & Aesthetics, your first single treatment costs £1,250. After this, a subsequent single treatment will cost around £1,000. Alternatively, a course of 3 treatments will cost £3000.
Who is it Suitable For?
FemiLift is suitable for women of all ages but is especially ideal for women who are experiencing vaginal laxity due to ageing or childbirth.
Who is it Not Suitable For?
As with any cosmetic procedure, there are certain factors which would make the FemiLift unsuitable for you. These include:
- Those who have been diagnosed with a collagen disease, as the laser treatment strives to stimulate collagen growth
- Anyone suffering from active herpes or any other active infection
- Those who are pregnant
- Women who are currently breastfeeding
- If you have any keloid scarring
If you would like to find out more about this procedure, please don’t hesitate to contact us by calling 01252 933133, or by filling out our online contact form.