Alevere Baked Broccoli Croquettes
1 meal serving ingredients
- 1 packet Cheese Omelette
- ½ head broccoli
- 1 small onion (70 g) limited
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 200 C. Line a baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
- Blanch the broccoli in boiling water for 1 minute then remove and run under cold tap immediately until cool. Drain well and set aside.
- Chop broccoli, parsley and onion or whizz briefly in a mixer.
- Mix Omelette sachet with cool water (approx 30-40 mls) to form a paste. Add to the broccoli mixture and combine thoroughly. Scoop out about 1.5 tablespoon and form into a firm ball. (It helps to wash your hands every few croquettes).
- Place on prepared baking sheet and cook for 15-20 mins, turning half way.
- Serve with tomato sauce.
Tomato Sauce (makes 9 servings = 1 tbsp per serving @ 40g of limited allowance)
- 60 mls olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 1 celery stork
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 800 g fresh tomatoes
Heat oil in a saucepan over a medium heat. Dice the onion, celery and add garlic powder. Add to pan and sauté until vegetables are very soft (about 6 mins). Add basil and cook, stirring constantly for a further minute.
Stir in tomatoes, bring to the boil and reduce to a simmer. Partially cover until thickened, about 30mins. Season with salt and pepper. Best served warm. Keep in a sanitized bottle or Kilner jar.