Laser Skin Rejuvenation is ideal for eliminating a variety of problems including: brown spots (age spots), freckles, thread veins, rosacea, redness and fine lines
Laser skin rejuvenation can be performed on the face, neck, décolletage, hands, and arms.
It is a fast, safe and effective treatment that is a very popular with our patient base, which extends throughout Surrey and Hampshire.
What can be treated?
The following can be safely and effectively treated:
- Brown spots
- Thread veins
- Uneven skin tone
- Facial flushing
How does the treatment work?
The pigmented area is exposed to short pulses of visible light, which breaks down the melanin that is responsible for the pigmentation in the skin. Then, your body absorbs the pigment, hence reducing the dark patches on the skin.
Similarly, when we expose the vascular lesion, with higher concentrations of heamoglobin, to short pulses of visible light, the temperature raises in the area. This results in damage and breakdown of the vessels which the body absorbs them, making them less visible or destroying them completely.
Will I be suitable for treatment?
Most people with pigmentation will be suitable for treatment. You will need to attend for an assessment to check if you are suitable for treatment.
How many sessions will I need?
Most patients need a course of 6 treatments every 4 weeks to achieve the desired results.
What are the side-effects?
The treatment is not painful and at most you may notice slight discomfort.
Depending upon your skin type (and the lesion in question), there is redness and swelling in the treated area for up to 2-3 days after treatment. However, we can significantly reduce this and enhance the healing by having Dermalux LED Light Therapy immediately after the laser treatment.
The treated area may also appear darker for 5-7 days after treatment but this will clear shortly afterwards. This is normal since your body breaks down and absorbs the melanin.
What is the after-care?
- Immediately after treatment there will be redness and swelling of the treatment area and this feels like mild sunburn.
- Applying cool packs to the skin for the first few hours after treatment will help reduce discomfort.
- Application of Aloe Vera gel is helpful.
- Use SPF 50 and avoid sun exposure. This is essential to avoid the risk of hyperpigmentation or darker pigmentation.
- Avoid picking and scratching the treated area to reduce the risk of pigmentation.
- Avoid hot baths, exercise, and heat treatments and treat the skin gently especially for the first 24 hours after treatment.
How can I improve my results?
You can enhance the results by using cosmeceutical skincare as well as high level, broad spectrum sun protection to reduce photo-damage.