From our mid-twenties we lose 1-1.5% of our collagen every year. The depletion of collagen results in fine lines, wrinkles, skin sagging, skin dryness, blemished, pigmented and thinning skin all of which are visible signs of aging. The collagen matrix is responsible for the production of collagen cells, supporting the skin’s firmness, elasticity and hydration.
The integrity of the collagen matrix is the differentiator between youthful and ageing skin.
Maintaining the health and structure of the collagen matrix is key to treating aging skin concerns and restoring the skin’s health and youth.
Our top picks for targeting aging in younger skins
- Genesis laser rejuvenation
- Plenhyage XL (polynucleotides)
- Secret RF
- Anti-wrinkle injections
When it comes to treatment options, especially for anti-aging, we have plenty at Health and Aesthetics.
We have a wide variety of anti-aging treatments to suit a range of individual needs and desired outcomes. Our anti- aging treatments and anti- aging skin care regimes focus on delivering excellent results. The anti-aging treatment plans are designed to compliment the patient’s needs and desires, regardless of their age bracket. Anti-aging treatment plans target skin concerns, restore and maintain skin health and youth.
What do the top picks do?
- Genesis laser rejuvenation is a laser facial treatment that stimulates fibroblast activity. Fibroblasts are the cells which produce collagen so they are crucial for younger looking skin. The laser stimulates collagen and elastin production via thermal coagulation of the tissue. Resulting in skin rejuvenation and lifting and tightening.
- Plenhyage XL is an injectable skin booster that regenerates DNA, hydrates skin and stimulates fibroblast cells. The polynucleotides chain in Plenhyage XL has anti-radical action. In addition to its anti-free radical action Plenhyage XL has a moisturising action. The combination of the two properties create an optimal environment for fibroblast growth, helping to restore the skin’s elasticity and damage.
- Retinol such as Wrinkle and Texture Repair from ZO Skin Health stimulates cell turnover and supports collagen-1 production. By promoting epidermal cell turnover, this must have anti- aging skin care product improves skin texture and improves the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Secret RF Is an innovative fractional radio frequency micro needling system. Secret RF creates tissue coagulation and haemostasis, remodelling collagen from the inside out. Studies have shown that creation of collagen can persist for up to 7 years post treatment. Micro needling has been a favoured facial treatment since the very beginning of medical aesthetics. Micro needling can treat a variety of skin concerns, ranging from acne scarring, skin texture and anti-aging concerns. Secret RF provides controlled depth micro needling up to 2.5mm, securing tissue integrity and treatment safety. Radio frequency uses safe levels of low frequency electromagnetic waves to generate collagen and elastin production. The combination of radio frequency and micro needling in the secret RF system, provides precise and controlled radio frequency and micro needling delivery, resulting in enhanced stimulation of cell regeneration Perfect for lifting and tightening.
- Hydrafacial is the ultimate skin detoxifying and deep cleansing experience. This treatment is non-invasive, soothing and non-irritating. With regular Hydrafacials, your skin will look radiant, glowing and best of all younger. Hydrafacials support general skin health and barrier repair and protection. Hydrafacial microdermabrasion deeply exfoliates and cleanses the skin, it works to lift away dead skin cells and cleanse the skin from inside out. It’s combination of steps, stimulate different responses in the skin for our skin to wake up and start working for itself again. This ultimate anti-aging skin treatment gives instant results, leaving your skin glowing and hydrated from the very first treatment.
- Anti-wrinkle injections are a muscle relaxant to diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Anti-wrinkle injections use small quantities of toxins. The toxin is injected into specific muscles using an ultrafine needle to immobilise the muscle. The anti-wrinkle injection stops the muscle from contracting, creating a natural softening to dynamic lines and wrinkles.
|TREATMENT||COLLAGEN SYNTHESIS||SKIN TEXTURE||HYDRATION||CELL REGENERATION||INSTANT RESULTS||SKIN HEALTH|
|GENESIS LASER REJUVENATION||X||X||X|
What treatment is the best for anti-aging?
Medical grade cosmeceuticals are a key component in any skin regime. They are the base to any effective treatment plan that is committed to achieving optimum results. Healthy skin is receptive skin! They work to restore skin health and improve the skin barrier function; encourage healthy cellular activity and support the collagen matrix. Our ZO skin health, product range is a 24/7 anti-aging facial treatment. Without a healthy and protected skin barrier, anti-aging is not as effective as it could be.
What are the best treatments to look younger?
For instant youthful results, anti-wrinkle injections are the most favoured anti-wrinkle treatment. The anti-wrinkle injections work to stop the muscle from contracting at the injection site; preventing the formation of fine lines and wrinkles.
Anti-wrinkle injections improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles almost instantly, making it a well-favoured anti-wrinkle treatment amongst the aesthetic industry. Anti- wrinkle injections are highly recommended as a preventive treatment, perfect for younger skin.
Medical regenerative treatments such as Plenhyage XL, are gaining big momentum in the industry. Regenerating the skin’s own DNA is an advancement in aesthetic medicine. Plenhyage XL provides excellent results with long term benefits.
Do anti-aging treatments work?
Yes! However, it is important to understand that anti-aging treatments work best as a devised combined treatment plan. Multiple treatments guarantee optimum, long lasting results and prevents further acceleration of the visible signs of aging. For your bespoke treatment plan, visit our clinic for an informative and personalised consultation.
When should I start anti-aging treatments?
Prevention is better than cure! Preventive treatments from our mid-twenties can greatly reduce the chance of unnecessary accelerated visible aging. Young skin is composed of 80% collagen type 1, from our mid-twenties we lose up to 1.5% of our collagen. In perimenopause we lose up to 2.1% of collagen every year and post menopause we lose up to 1% of skin thickness every year.
Regular anti- aging treatments and anti-aging skin care can slow the depletion of collagen. They work to stimulate cell regeneration and stimulation of the fibroblasts. As our collagen levels slowly deplete, we are continuously working to replenish them, therefore slowing down the visible signs of aging.
As the collagen levels continue to diminish at an accelerated rate from our mid 30s- 40s, we must work harder at stimulating the fibroblasts. Your treatment plan and skin regime should grow with you, for best results.
Starting a medical cosmeceutical skin regime can greatly slow the depletion of collagen, providing skin barrier repair, replenishment and protection. External environmental factors have a negative impact on our skin health and slows down our natural collagen production. Furthering accelerating the visible signs of aging.
Here at Health and aesthetics we have treatments and solutions for all ages, our preventive anti-aging treatments for younger skins are targeted for those in their mid-20s to late 30s. One of our most popular treatments for this age range is our bespoke Genesis-glow. The Genesis-glow provides instant glowing results whilst it works to stimulate collagen and elastin production in the dermal layer. It is a popular choice before events and leaves your skin with little to no downtime. We recommended a course of six sessions for the best long term, anti-aging results.
We at Health and Aesthetics understand how internal and external factors can have detrimental effects on the integrity of the skin’s autonomy. We aim to inform our patients on the fundamentals of skin function and anatomy; educate how internal factors such as hormones and health and external factors such as lifestyle and environmental factors can negatively influence the skin’s autonomy.
We believe that education is the most important step when devising a treatment plan. Most to all our treatments stimulate skin health and collagen production so it is important to understand the patient’s personal factors that are influencing their skin’s functioning and accelerating the aging process to devise the correct plan for them and of course reduce the visible signs of aging.
Ready to take the next step to enhance your appearance? Whether you’re looking to learn more about any of the treatments above or find out your treatment options we’re here to help. Organise a consultation with our team today to discuss your goals, budget, and answer your questions.